Saturday, October 30, 2010

MELBOURNE CUP DAY

Melbourne Cup day is nearly upon us and everyone will take that 5mins break to watch a race that stops a nation.
.....but at Scrapping on the Avenue we will be not only listening to the race but also scrapping with a free circle of friends day.
I decided to put up some pics of a top hat I made a few years ago for a melbourne cup hat day.
The top hat was made with Black Bazzill and I used 3/4" strips of black & white cardstock for the checkered look. It went together quite well. I added some ribbon around the base and put some black rhinestones around to give it a nicer edge on the rim.

I even paper pieced the horses rear end and layered his tail to give it a bit of depth. I also love heidi grace large white flowers so I couldn't resist putting one on the side.
Don't forget to make a booking for tuesday if you would like to come to the circle of friends crop.

Good luck ladies, I hope you back a winner....


No comments:

Post a Comment